Contour Painting believes in full service, quality work. We do not cut corners and we will never paint a surface if it needs underlying repair first.
- Stucco Repair
- Drywall Patching & Repair
- Mildew & Mold Treatment
- Color Profiling
- Fill holes and drywall repair. We provide invisible patching on holes, drywall, and ceilings (acoustic included) due to tenant damage, plumbing reroute, moisture abatement, roof leaks, etc.
- Protect. We protect all floors, appliances, plug and switch plates, door knobs and strikes, cabinets, counters, etc. When carpet is to be replaced after the painting, we will trim the edge of the carpet in order to paint all the way down to the floor.
- Seal. We seal any water, crayon, ink, etc. prior to painting.
- Sand. We “pole sand” all walls and doors prior to painting.
- Paint. After the preparation stage is complete, we provide quality work with attention to detail and care.
- Job Completion. All painting masking, cans, repair debris, and other materials are removed from the job. The project is then given a final inspection. A quart can of touch-up paint for each product is dated and left on the site for the owner or renter.
- Pressure wash. We pressure wash each exterior prior to painting. We use a very directed spray so we can get close to windows and door. We pay close attention to problem areas such as dry rot, termite damage and peeling paint. Pressure washing also cleans chalking paint which is caused by lower grade paint when the surface turns to a powder-like finish over time. If the chalking is extreme, in addition to a thorough pressure wash, then an emulsifier such as BondAid (special primer) must be used to prevent future peeling on your new paint.
- Primer. After the property is washed, primer is then applied to all the wood (eaves, fascia, wood siding, and miscellaneous wood trim). We do this prior to caulking the cracks and joints so the caulking has an excellent surface to bond to.
- Caulking. We use Elastomeric which is a highly adhesive and flexible caulking to seal cracks and open surfaces.
- Paint wood. We apply a full bodied coat of finish paint to all of the wood areas including eaves, fascia, wood sidings and trim. We recommend a low sheen acrylic enamel. The wood areas are then masked off to prevent overspray of the stucco paint.
- Prep and paint stucco. We repair holes and cracks and texture if needed. Then we apply two coats of paint. The first coat is designed to penetrate the dry stucco. The second coat is a full bodied coat for rich color.
- Paint doors, fences and garage doors. We use special treatments on these areas for a flawless finish. Consult your painter about how these details and can really make your property stand out.
Upon Job Completion
A quality control touch-up inspection and property clean-up is the final procedure of our process. After the job is complete, we will send you a paint profile card with the batch mix number along with a dry sample. Learn more about our color profiling service.